working at spinque
Spinque is a small energetic company that creates a revolutionary product. The setting is quite academic with lots of connections with universities and research institutes. We're all enthousiastic about database technology and in general the field of information retrieval. Spinque is situated in the old factory warehouse Hooghiemstra at the edge of Utrecht's city center. Among the fun things at Spinque is the large variety of clients, from cultural heritage institutes to beer breweries to universities, which makes it a lot of fun to work.
Besides the open positions below, we are always looking for people that share our passion. So please contact us so that we can have a cup of coffee at our office, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to enrich our team.
At Spinque we love coding new fancy algorithms just as much as we take pride in providing our customers with high-quality and thoroughly tested deployments. Continuously improving our development-to-production workflows is a top priority for which we seek qualified help.
The ideal candidate is eager to claim his / her active role in a group where everyone’s passion and contribution make a real difference.
Do you recognise yourself in that candidate?
- Plan, implement, and maintain development / continuous integration / deployment workflows
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, and production environments
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of our cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of tools and best-practices for development / test / deployment cycles
- Thorough knowledge of Linux
- Experience with administration of Linux desktops and servers
- Experience with Docker (swarms)
- Experience in security management / monitoring
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Ability to code and script
- Confidence in your own abilities to make, defend, and implement a plan
- Comfort with collaboration and open communication in a small team
- Work in a small and friendly team in a growing high-tech company
- We run our own high-performance cloud (hardware and software)
- Some specific tools / technologies you will deal with:
- CentOS, Fedora, Docker, Xen/Kvm, GlusterFS, FreeIPA
- Jira, Git, Gradle
- Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, HAproxy